Catch up on all the latest changes in the Pinpoint product.
Activity Feed: On The Move
Pinpoint's Activity Feed is evolving! To give you more choice about how you interact with the Activity Feed in context with the rest of the application, we have moved it to the right side of the page in preparation for some big updates. This improves visual hierarchy while allowing quick expand/collapse to get more room when you need it. You can now also resize the expanded feed with your cursor!
Note: Stay tuned for updates in the coming days that will make Activity Feed content more personalized to you as well as some other awesome improvements.
Improvements & Fixes
- Some of you reported that not all of your expected epics were appearing on the new Organizational Epic view - the query was fixed and they will now show
- Based on your feedback, we updated the behavior of epic tiles so they no longer appear complete just because all of the current issues in the epic are complete (more issues can always be added!)
- Fixed a couple of instances where column sorting was resetting by itself
- Resolved a bug where a new team's settings model was not always created
- Stopped the Activity Feed reloading on collapse/expand
Pinpoint is delighted to unveil the first iteration of our Organization screens and the Organizational Epic view. From here, you will know how your important epics are progressing across teams, when they should be done based on current issues and which epics are potentially at risk or blocked to know where problems exist. All to help you, help your teams.
From our new Organization Teams view, track the progress of your organization's sprints across all of your teams. Know who is ahead of schedule and who may need some help getting caught up. Know what your teams are focusing on with quick access to sprint goals and the breakdown of issue types within a sprint. Are we focusing too much on bugs and not getting important features built or are we neglecting quality and moving too fast with new functionality?
Note: This is a business plan feature and requires more than one team in your organization to take full advantage. Kanban support for the Org Teams view is coming soon!
We have moved the application navigation into a sidebar to improve visual hierarchy, making it easier for users to quickly determine the context of the data they’re looking at. We love the new look and hope you do too!
Improvements & Fixes
- Resolved an issue with a Data Science query related to Sprint Capacity
- Added validation for missing Jira username that was causing an issue with some Jira integrations
- Stopped Tooltips showing HTML code
- Children issues of Epics show as "Issues" instead of "Sub-Tasks"
- Fixed a problem with nested a-tags when smart-linking users
- Resolved a problem where the initial assignee of an issue was not showing as a contributing user
- Fixed a Sprint Risk indicator that was not rendering correctly
- A problem with ZEIT comments showing as originating from another user instead of ZEIT has been resolved
- Tweak to only refresh integrations when required
- Fixed an issue with click events for avatars with no image
Pinpoint's forecasting and machine learning models can help keep your sprints on track by identifying capacity issues, cross project dependencies and where unplanned work is getting in the way.
ctrl+k from anywhere in the app to bring up the best search you've ever used. Find issues from Jira, pull requests from Github, or whatever else you want from all of our available data sources. It's intelligent, too, so you can find what you're looking for even quicker.
Stand-Up for Kanban
If you're part of a Kanban team, Pinpoint's stand-up view now allows you to facilitate and partake in highly efficient and effective stand-ups to keep your team in sync and focused on the issue and code activity that matters.
Improvements & Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the team dashboard was unavailable to guest accounts
- We're more gracefully handling errors, especially around missing data
- More improvements for those who use kanban instead of scrum
- Better language around predicated risk
- Improved UX for adding team Integrations
- Issue and Pull Request tabs in Stand-Up show as “Open (Total)” rather than just “Total”
- Expelled some gremlins with Bitbucket integration
- Resolved issue where Teams tab wouldn’t render for Organization
- Fixed bug where activity feed wouldn’t load correctly
- Resolved problem with sub-tasks not displaying in some cases